Friday, May 14, 2010

Frustrations and Favors





In the beginning of the book I was very frustrated with the author because he felt the need to describe everything with a lot of detail. He would describe so much of the geography of the land and the way things were placed. I thought that it would have a purpose but I never really saw why he did it. In the first chapter when Susan and Michael Henchard were walking into the town he described the dirt and the placement of their arms and how their feet were. It was just too much information in my opinon. I did like how he gave background on all the characters. You never were introduced to a new character without learning information on them. He would also give information on all of the towns that they traveled through so you knew how far it was from the other town they were in.

No comments:

Post a Comment